Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm back!

I know it has been a long time...ok, more than a year. But I finally decided it was time to come back and talk books again! A TON has happened in the last year and some of that will influence how this blog looks going forward. Remember the PhD program I was in when I started my book project? Yeah, I got fed up with it. Long story, but basically, although I had been blessed during my undergraduate and first masters program with AMAZING professors and an academically rich and supportive environment, that was NOT the case this time around. I realized that I did not want to spend my life working with people as....well, let's just say I didn't want to be around an environment if it wasn't as enriching as the one to which I had grown accustomed at the University of Arkansas. Further, if I was going to be teaching people, I wanted to return to working with young people. So, I switched to the Masters in Teaching program last April and have been hard at work on that program ever since. As of this coming Friday, I am done and ready to put school behind me! That also means that I will finally have the opportunity again to really put some time into reading good books, which brings us back to you...

I have missed reading books and thinking about them! And I have missed sharing that with you! (Yep, all seven of you... ;-) ) But I realized that there is a lot more out there to discuss than just literary works. Now that I am no longer confined by a 100 book project, I can take the time to examine other media as well. So you might see some movie or television reviews. You might even see some music reviews. And if you want to see something else, just ask!

One other change you might see: new voices. As tedious as this last (and, I swear, FINAL) academic program has been this past year, one bonus has been the acquisition of some amazing friends. Several of them have expressed interest in contribution thoughts on books and other media as well. So I have invited them to submit their reviews and thoughts. In the case that a post is coming from someone else, you will see their names in front of the title. Ideally, I will also give you a little blurb about them so you know who they are. I think this is a great way to bring some other perspectives into the blog.

Ok, so, full disclosure, I am writing this as a break from my finals, so excuse the frantic, random nature of this post, but, hey, it is what it is!
Thanks to the seven of you still with me!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment